It’s really important that, as a Students’ Union, our decisions and actions are transparent and accessible to our members - you!
There are loads of ways you can engage with our Officers and hold them to account. Click on the options below to find out how:
AGM (Annual General Meeting)
Annual meetings (or Student Members’ Meetings as they’re sometimes called), are a key part of YUSU’s calendar. All students are invited to attend.
The meetings provide an opportunity for students to review YUSU’s annual report (link to ‘documents’ page and accounts, considering key activities over the past year. It is also a time when students can hold the Sabbatical Officers to account and hear more about their work and the impact they have made across the year. . Meetings will typically include:
ratifying the minutes of the previous meeting
a report from our Trustees on the Union's key activity
receiving the Union's accounts for the previous year
receiving Union affiliations
open questions to the Trustees.
Officer interview with AGM guests:
- Charlie Jeffery, the Vice-Chancellor in conversation with Samara Jones, Student Union President
- Dean Spears, the Director of Campus Services with Steph Hayle, Community and Wellbeing Officer
- John Robinson, Pro Vice-Chancellor Teaching, Learning & Students with Giang Nguyen, Academic Officer
- Harkirit Boparai, Venue Manager at Crescent Community Venue with Ollie Martin, Activities Officer
- Keith Morris, Head of Sport with Maddie Cannell, Sport President.
If you would like to make a complaint about any officers (Full-time or Part-time) please refer to this section of our by-laws.