Keep Your Cool is a campaign run by your Union to support you through the assessment period this summer, from week 4 to week 8. Fun fact: the Keep Your Cool campaign has been run for nearly 10 years! The campaign is for you, regardless of your degree, mode of studies and what year you are in.
However, Keep Your Cool this time will be very different. We normally gave out free food and drink to keep you nutritious and full for your revision! Before, we also worked with the University to open more study spaces for you around the campus. However, this time, because of COVID-19, we are not able to do so - hence we offer you Keep Your Cool digital instead!
Your five sabbatical officers will post tips and activities every day of the week on our social media platforms:
- Ollie Martin, your Activities Officer will be posting the Weekly Activities timetable, which consists of all the activities that our student societies will be doing. You can check it out here!
- Your President, Samara Jones, has been doing her Emoji quiz every Wednesday with different themes. In the last few weeks, we have had very loads of themes from drinks, movies to ABBA songs. Find out more here.
- Effy Hayle, your Community & Wellbeing officer has been posting about wellbeing resources. Have you seen her video on Wellbeing tips with our York Students' Television? Effy has been posting loads of good wellbeing tips every Thursday - definitely check them out!
- Maddi Cannell, your Sports President, will be posting about sports activities on her social media and the York Sports Union pages. There are daily home workout videos from York Sports and Strava groups for you to join in and compete with others in running, walking and cycling. Check it out here and on the York Sport Union page here.
- Your Academic Officer, Giang Nguyen has been posting study tips on her social media. Do you know that with Spotify Premium, you can get access to Headspace, a great meditation app, for FREE? She will be posting more about academic skills services offered by our University soon so keep your eyes peeled! Find out more here.
All of our tips and tools will be reposted to the YUSU COVID-19 Community - and there are a lot more activities for you to join in as well!
If there is anything you would like us to share and post - please don't hesitate to drop us a line! We are here for you.