HackSoc is the University of York's Computer Science society. We run a healthy mix of academic and social events:
- Talks on a range of topics from industry speakers, members and alumni
- CoffeeScript, our weekly lunchtime social in the Glasshouse on Hes East
- Board Games and Cake, an old HackSoc tradition on alternating Friday evenings in the Pod
- Film Night, where we watch a film (or sometimes several) on alternating Friday evenings in the Pod
- HackPub, where members past and present meet in the Rook and Gaskill near Walmgate
Our events are open to non-members and to students studying any subject. Come along to anything that catches your eye!
HackPub: Alternating Tuesdays, 19:30 – 23:30 in the Rook & Gaskill
CoffeeScript: Wednesdays, 12:30 – 14:30 in the Glasshouse
Talks: Regular Thursdays (see the calendar on hacksoc.org), 18:30 – 19:30 in the Pod (CSE/082&083)
Board Games and Cake: Alternating Fridays, 19:00 – 23:00 in the Pod (CSE/082&083)
Film Night: Alternating Fridays, 19:00 – 22:00 in the Pod (CSE/082&083)
To find out more about our events, sign up to our mailing list, or chat with other members in our Slack workspace, see our website.
Our events are all open to non-members, and for students studying any subject! If you enjoy our events then please consider becoming a member; paying members can request their own accounts and storage space on HackSoc's servers.