About Entrepreneurs Society (EntSoc)
Who are York Entrepreneurs?
York Entrepreneurs Society exists to promote entrepreneurial thinking and inspire people to achieve their business dreams. At York Entrepreneurs Society, we aim to teach, support and connect with student start-ups. We do this through our events, experience and networks. It doesn’t matter whether you only have a vague interest, a business idea or an already running business; we can help you develop further and turn your dreams into reality.
What is your plan for this year?
Our committee at the York Entrepreneurs Society has been hard at work crafting a bespoke offer for society members this year. The best part? Whether you are just starting out, or have made progress on your business idea(s) already, we have something for everyone. Here at York Entrepreneurs Society, we believe in you.
I am interested in turning my business idea(s) into reality. What can you do for me?
We are very proud to announce our membership package for this year. Make sure to have a read and subscribe as a member so you don’t miss out!
Our membership package:
- Gain FREE entry to our Q&A panel events featuring a range of entrepreneurs. Learn from students realising their business dreams here at York and learned professionals from the wider business community. If you’re interested in starting a business, what could be better than learning from those who have actually done it? Invites will be sent to members either virtually or in person prior to the event, depending on current guidelines. Panel events will centre around either a given topic (how to start a business), style of business (for-profit, not-for-profit/social enterprise etc.) or industry.
- EXCLUSIVE networking events. Do you have a business idea, but not sure where to start in terms of funding? Enjoy EXCLUSIVE access to our networking events, featuring winners of Proof of Concept (up to £500), Summer Accelerator (up to £1500) and Venture One awards (up to £10000) from the University and gain critical advice on accessing these programs. Beyond that, we aim to have opportunities to meet with those successful securing seed investment etc. for advice on winning investors with your ideas. Invites will be sent to members either virtually or in person prior to the event, depending on current guidelines.
- EXCLUSIVE Pitch Deck Pack. ESSENTIAL for securing investment in your idea and pitching to investors. Members will get access to an EXCLUSIVE Pitch Deck Pack made in collaboration with existing entrepreneurs on campus, the York Entrepreneurs committee and Enterprise team at the University. The pack includes a range of key insights/advice tailored to you as a York student. This is being produced in collaboration with our committee, entrepreneurs on campus and the enterprise team at the university. We are aiming to send this to all members at the end of Q1 or during Q2 2021.
- 1-1 support. As a member, you gain EXCLUSIVE access to our 1-1 support events to help both your business and personal development as an entrepreneur. Let us help you access connections and develop both your business and entrepreneurial skillset. Invites will be sent to members either virtually or in person prior to the event, depending on current guidelines.
- At York Entrepreneurs, we want to promote you and your incredible business ideas. Introducing our Spotlight Series - As a member, you gain the ability to work with York Entrepreneurs to promote you and your business idea on our social media and connect with other entrepreneurs. We help you put your business/brand in the best position possible to reach students/other entrepreneurs on campus.
- BONUS: An EXCLUSIVE digital newsletter at the end of the year, highlighting everything in our society and the budding entrepreneurs on campus. (That could be you!)
Sounds great! How much is the membership?
£4.99. Barely more than a large latte. A great deal if you ask us!
I’m interested. How can I sign up?
Make sure to sign up through YUSU. If you’re struggling to find us, here’s a helpful link:
I have a few questions. How can I reach out to you?
We’d love to hear from you. Either use the chat function as part of the YUSU site or reach out to us via our social media. We are on Facebook and Instagram.
Our email is [email protected]
Be sure to send any questions you may have!