About Economics Society
The Economics Society is one of the largest academic societies on campus. We are involved in a wide range of activities to cater to the tastes and preferences of our members. These include:
- Regular socials - such as club nights, film nights and pub quizzes to help you get to know other students with similar interests.
- Speaker events - where we invite academics, journalists, politicians and economists to speak at the university on contemporary issues in economics.
- Career events - we regularly have skills sessions, internship panels and mock assessment centres to help improve your employability and to provide exposure to the broad range of careers economics students can take after graduating. These include events with our sponsors Deloitte and Freshfields.
- Equilibrium magazine - our society magazine publishes twice a year, and is based around current political and economic issues. Our most recent edition circulated over 800 copies on campus, and is available to read online at http://econsocyork.com/equilibrium/.
- A Winter Ball - our annual black-tie event, where we celebrate the end of the Autumn term. This includes a sit-down meal and an after-party in one of York’s bars afterwards.
Membership is free and open to anyone with an interest in economics. We look forward to seeing you at our events over the next year!