In 2018 YUSU was ranked 21st in the The Sunday Times’ Top 100 Best Not-For-Profit organisations to work for in the UK. Each year, YUSU invest over £20,000 in staff and officer training as we are dedicated to supporting and nurturing the skills and aspirations of our employees.
From our hardworking bar staff at our award-winning venues to our CEO, we all share the same goal - to put students at the heart of everything we do.
Please see below for our current vacancies and join our dynamic and growing team:
Kitchen Staff Vacancy
YUSU Commercial Services are currently looking to recruit a number of new staff to join our kitchen team at both The Courtyard & [email protected]
These roles will be starting immediately.
If you're interested in applying for this role please see the below.
Please email [email protected] with the following:
1. Your CV
2. A brief cover letter.
3. The below section copy & pasted and answered in the email.
Academic Year for 2019/2020 (1st, 2nd, 3rd, Masters for example) -
Please note the following before you apply
1. You must be a current student at the University to apply for these positions and ditto must be a student in the new academic year.
2. The hours requirements for these roles is a minimum of 8 hours per week during term time.
3. Pay is determined by a number of factors, including age and successful completion of your probationary period. Pay ranges are from £7.25ph - £8.21ph. Your actual pay will be determined upon successful completion of the application process but will fall within these two ranges.
4. Interviews will be held during Week 4 of the Spring term.
5. Only applications received before and on the 27th of January be considered.
If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to email [email protected] or message our Facebook page /YUSUBars. Please note that no application sent to [email protected] will be considered.
Job Title: Lead Chef
Reporting to: Catering Manager
Responsible for: 2nd Chef and Kitchen Team
Place of Work: The Courtyard Bar & Restaurant, York University Campus
Hours of Work: Permanent - Full Time -Annualised Hours
Salary: Up to £25,000 per annum ( depending on experience)
Purpose of Role
We are currently seeking a Lead Chef for our flagship venue, the Courtyard Bar & Restaurant.
The Courtyard is one of the many unique licensed venues ran by YUSU CS.
We offer an extensive cook to order menu throughout the day and an exciting pizza-based menu during the evening.
You will be leading a team of student employees setting the tone during a busy day service and empowering your student team to deliver a popular night-time menu. Along with a market based salary, this role offers work-life balance rarely found within the commercial catering field.
In the first instance please apply with your current curriculum vitae and a covering letter detailing your salary expectations to [email protected]